The Stolen Car

Several days ago as I left a meeting in the church, I was looking for my keys.
They were not in my pockets.   A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.
Suddenly I realized,  I must have left them in the car.   Frantically, I headed for the parking lot.   My wife has scolded me many times for leaving the k
eys in the ignition.   My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them.   Her theory is that the car will be stolen.

As I burst through the doors of the church,  I came to a terrifying conclusion. Her theory was right. The parking lot was empty.

I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car,  and that it had been stolen.


Then I made the most difficult call of all,  "Honey,"  I stammered…I always call her "honey" in times like these.   "I left my keys in the car,  and it has been stolen."

There was a period of silence.  

I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard her voice.  

"Idiot",  she barked,  "I dropped you off!"


Now it was my time to be silent.   Embarrassed,  I said,  "Well,  come and get me."  

She retorted,  "I will,  as soon as I convince this policeman I have not stolen your car !!!!!"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...